Many thanks to the following Sim bloggers for nominating my stories for the Sunshine Blogger award:
- Simslover163, author of Sims Nation, Sims World, All Things Sim
- Pegasus143, author of MakPlays
- MastressAlita, author of Sims Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3
- JLBDreamer, author of Dreaming Sims
- Noalyn, author of The Sims of NoaLyn
- DreamsinPixels, author of The Amari Family
- AdamsEve1231, author of Kassiopeia Fullbright Mystery Series
- TheoriesofHappiness, author of A Cornucopia of SimLit
- Charliimai, author of The SIMple Life of Una Reign
Summer 2017 Update
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links.
- Notify the bloggers you included.
- Keep the rules in your post.
I really enjoyed the questions posed by each Simmer who nominated me, and at the same time, it seems like it would be boring for readers to read 55 answers from me, so I’ve given head set of questions its own page. This way, you can read if you want and skip if you want!
- Simslover163’s Questions and Answers
- Pegasus143’s Questions and Answers
- MastressAlita’s Questions and Answers
- Noalyn’s Questions and Answers
- JLBDreamer’s Questions and Answers
- DreamsinPixel’s Questions and Answers
- AdamsEve1231’s Questions and Answers
- TheoriesofHappiness’s Questions and Answers
- Charliimai’s Questions and Answers
- SoulGal7’s Questions and Answers
With so many great stories and so many that I love, I spend a lot of time thinking about how I’ll choose nominations. Some of those I first wanted to nominate had nominated me, and many others had already been nominated. Since this is an award to celebrate ways that blogging spreads sunshine, I finally decided to nominate the first bloggers I followed who still regularly update stories. (Note: DreamsinPixels belongs on this list, but since she nominated me, I haven’t nominated her back. Consider yourself one of the originals, Candace!)
Here they are in the order in which I followed them:
JamieRose for A Rose In Bloom Sims
Hirondelle for A Sims 4 Blog
Raerei for Raerei’s Fortress
Carewren123 for Carewren123 Sim Stories
Meggles for MeggSims
RainyDayz for Rainy Dayz Gamez
Vanity High for VanityHigh Stories
JordanNicoleJJ for Sims and Such
Sunny Shay for Hella Good
Jes2G for Stories by Jes2G
SummerFalls for SummerFalls’ Stories
My Questions for the Nominees
- You’ve been writing Sim stories fairly regularly for well over a year. How has your approach to writing your blog and stories developed during this time?
- Most of you have taken at least short breaks from writing your blog. If you have, how do you decide when it’s time for a break? How do you decide when it’s time to come back? If you haven’t taken a break longer than a week, what keeps you going?
- What advice do you have for other bloggers, regardless of whether the blog is Sim-related or not?
- What are some of the most valuable learning experiences you’ve had through your time blogging?
- Has anything ever happened during your blogging experience that threatened to turn you off of blogging, or during your involvement in the SimLit community that threatened your continued participation in the community? If so, how did you handle it, and how did you manage to stay involved?
- How has your gameplay style shifted during the past year and a half?
- In what ways does your Simming and SimLit writing contribute to your life?
- In what ways, if any, does your Simming and SimLit writing get in the way of or detract from your life?
- Is Simming still fun for you? If so, what do you do that keeps it fun? If not, do you have strategies to make it fun again?
- If you could go into any Sim story you’ve seen–your own or others–and live as your SimSelf, what story would you choose?
- What’s your favorite Sim meal that you either cook already or would like to cook?